Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Der Übermensch

Every so often I take the Myers-Briggs questionnaire for kicks, mainly to confirm my self-image. For those not in the know, the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is used to measure how people perceive the world and make decisions. Each personality type is measured with a four letter code, representing extroversion versus introversion, sensing versus intuition, feeling versus thinking and perceiving versus judging. It's a nifty test that doesn't take very long and can provide some interesting insight into the minds of your loved ones so it's easier to judge them.

Each time I take it I always get the same two personality types: ENTJ or INTJ, meaning Extroverted (or Introverted) Intuitive Thinking Judging. Generally speaking, this is bad news. ENTJ and INTJ are the two rarest personality types, only 1-4% of all people who take the test get that score. Both types are characterized by pragmatic logic driven by facts and a lust for greater efficiency. They're analytical and readily find faults in themselves and others. These personality types are simultaneously loners and efficient leaders.

Basically, all the makings of an evil genius.

As you can imagine, I was delighted when I learned this. Of course I'm a judgmental control freak. I wouldn't expect any less. All the greatest corrupt corporate executives and evil overlords are ENTJ and everything about INTJ is in line with Friedrich Nietzsche's concept of der Übermensch. The personality type is even called the Mastermind! Apparently I'm in good company. A lot of villains in literature, film and real life have the NTJ personality types. For example...

Scar from The Lion King
Ernst Stravo Blofeld (the one with the death ray satellite) from the James Bond movies
Satan from Paradise Lost
Mr. Burns
Ayn Rand
Margaret Thatcher
Megatron from Transformers
Richard Nixon
Benjamin Linus from Lost
Gordon Gekko, Micheal Douglas's character from Wall Street
Carl Showalter, Steve Buscemi's character from Fargo
Sauron, as in the giant burning eyeball from Lord of the Rings
Tony Montana from Scarface
Andrew Ryan from Bioshock

...and of course, Charles Foster Kane.

So yeah, sorry Mom, but you've basically raised a super villain. I'll be sure to tell you when I melt the ice caps or something.

But I know what you're thinking, how does this relate to ponies?



By the way, my sister wanted me to tell you she's Rarity (ENFJ). Be sure to post your results in the comments!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got Sweetie Belle. I guess that makes me your sister's sister, which makes me your sister! FINALLY!

Haydn Chapman said...

I got ENTP - Applebloom. And, from my descriptions I've read, I'm apparently extremely manipulative. Say whaaaaaat?

heavonbound said...

INTJ.

I feel this is bad somehow.

Shadgrimgrvy said...

Yes! Now we can be partners in super villainy!

heavonbound said...

We shall rule the world with hypercubes!

And chairs!

mom said...

tyler you dont know how much and how hard I tried to NOT make you a super villian. just be good! and happy! and for the love of god... HAPPY

Shadgrimgrvy said...

NO. DA-LEKS HAVE NO CON-CEPT OF HAPP-I-NESS.

Zetsu said...

iNTP
Hooray! Twilight!
I'm so proud of me!

KaneTheOmega said...

I turned out to be iSFJ.
It's the only thing I could actually see about myself. Others just seem to represent characters in some cartoons that I recognize. Most of them in the least. Otherwise, iSFJ is just the only recognizable one.

Anonymous said...

i got infp :D

Anonymous said...

i got Luna.
BUT I PREFER PINKIE PIE! <-- Luna voice

Anonymous said...

who is this bitch

Unknown said...

I want celestia:)

Anonymous said...

I got Zecora Yeah!!

Anonymous said...

how to do this?

Anonymous said...

i am INFP Luna XD well i raise the moon doodoodoo and i say XD

Anonymous said...

i did all no and got Apple jack XD

APPLE said...

ESFJ... :D

Unknown said...

weeee i'm a twilight !!!!!

Anonymous said...

ENFP.

Anonymous said...

i got spike

SPIKE FTFW!

Post a Comment