Friday, October 21, 2011

White Gold

Before we continue, I'd like you all to know that you, you've not. Got. That. Look. IN YOUR EYES.



Anyway, I've had a rather tumultuous week this week. First and foremost, my video card died. This is a tragedy, there is no doubt about that. It all started a few days ago, when my computer wouldn't turn on. In a panic, I opened it up and blasted as much dust as I could out. Again and again I tried to get the be-deviled thing to work, when suddenly I had an epiphany: I would take out the video card. Naturally it turned on fine, but hideously underpowered. This means that, once again I am left to rely on my much maligned integrated card until I can scrounge up enough monies to play my precious Supreme Commander again. As you can guess, I've been left in a terribly unstable emotional state by this. Tears were had by all.

What does this mean for the map? Surprisingly, not much. Half-Life 2 is one of the few games which runs more or less normally on the dinky integrated card. Sure, HDR lighting doesn't work and Hammer is a little (more) unstable, but it's nothing drastic. So don't worry ladies and gentlemen, Hypnophobia lives on.

On a much lighter note, I've told some of you already, but recently I got the greatest puppet ever. See, the historic downtown of my city is a cultural hub of sorts and I go there every other week to keep my finger on the pulse of this great city. Well, in one of the many gift shops there I spied the perfect stuffed animal.

Imagine if you will a fluffy white bunny...in a magicians hat...and you put your hand in the hat to animate the bunny.

I don't mind telling you, when I saw it I laughed. For, like, five minutes straight. Tears were running down my face, other customers started to worry. Naturally, I bought it and I promise you I am going to make a video and put it here for the whole world to see.

The world must know about Frank: Bunny Supreme.

Also, I just recently finished watching all of Aeon Flux, the show not the god-awful movie. It's pretty good, pretty good.

4 comments:

mom said...

I had heard about your computer problem awhile ago and didnt want to bring it up ..seeing as you get emotional and all. how much money do you need to fix it?

Shadgrimgrvy said...

Approximately lods of emone. They're in the hundreds of dollars range.

Shadgrimgrvy said...

But you needn't worry! I have my ways!

mom said...

ohhh tyler thats terrible! :-(

Post a Comment